Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- Students must have completed the Gümnaasiumi lõputunnistus (Secondary School Certificate) - at grade 12 with an overall average of 3.5 or above to include a 3 or above in English AND 60% in the state entry examinations (Riigieksamitunnistus).
- Students must have completed the Lõputunnistus keskerihariduse omandamise kohta (Certificate of Specialised Secondary Education) with an average of 3.5 or above.
- Students must have completed the Lõputunnistus keskhariduse baasil kutsekeskhariduse omandamise kohta (Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education Based on Secondary Education) with an average of 3.5 or above.
- Students must have completed the Diplomiõppe diplom / Kutsekõrgharidusõppe diplom (Diplom-Study diploma / Diploma of Vocational Higher Education) – equivalent to Foundation Degree Students with qualifications prior to the break-up of the USSR, please refer to entry requirements for “Former Soviet Union States”.
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicants for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Students must hold a Bakalaurusekraad / Diploma or Bachelors Degree (after 2002) with an overall average of 3 or above.
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
GCSE Math requirements
- Students must also provide evidence that they satisfy the requirements for Maths (i.e. equivalent to a Grade C/4 in GCSE.
- For students presenting Estonian qualifications, they must have completed the Gümnaasiumi lõputunnistus (Secondary School Certificate) - at grade 12 with an overall average of 3.5 in Maths. (overall average of 4 for courses requiring GCSE Grade B/C*/6).
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests so please check the list of other accepted tests