Why Study Abroad in Northern Ireland?
- Experience UK education whilst being immersed in Northern Irish culture.
- Land of Legends: Get up close to the iconic stories of the Titanic, Game of Thrones, Giants Causeway and more...
- Accessible to London, Dublin and the rest of Europe!
- Develop your English language skills and even learn a little Gaelic!
- The chance to explore the UK and Europe, broadening your horizons.
How long can I Study Abroad at Ulster for?
You can study with us for a full academic year from mid-September to the end of May.
Alternatively, you can join us for Semester one September to January (Fall/Autumn) or Semester two January to May (Spring).
How do I Apply?
Before you submit an online application, you will need to confirm that your home university has an agreement with us.
Once this is confirmed and we receive a nomination e-mail, you will be invited to apply.
How do I select my modules?
At Ulster we call the individual subjects that you will study modules.
They are sometimes called classes or courses at other universities.
You will be required to undertake three 20 UK credit modules per semester which is equal to 60 UK credits or 120 credits for the full academic year.
You may choose modules from a range of subjects or take a more focused approach by choosing to specialise in a specific area, the choice is yours.
What modules can I study?
You will see below a list of modules you can study by subject and campus:
Interested? Contact the Study Adviser for your chosen modules of interest for more information.
Find out whether you will need a visa to study in the UK, which type of visa you will need and how to apply for one.
Our Global Buddy scheme is a mentoring scheme where we match new international students to existing Ulster students.