Applying to Ulster University
Whether you are looking for undergraduate or postgraduate study, Ulster University is an excellent choice for international students choosing to study in the UK.
Ulster University is home to approximately 27,000 students, with over 1200 international students from more than 143 countries.
Our international students are valued and respected for the unique experiences and perspectives that they contribute to university life, enriching the study experience for all students.
Our courses are designed with your career in mind, with most developed in partnership with employers to ensure the skills, knowledge and experience you gain match the needs of your chosen profession.
Ulster University: International Reputation
Study opportunities available
- Postgraduate study
Next steps if you are applying directly:
- find your course
- check you meet the University’s General Entrance Requirements and any course-specific requirements
- If your first language is not English, check you meet the English language requirements for your given course
Apply through UCAS
Next steps if you are applying through UCAS:
- create a UCAS account
- apply for up to five courses in a single application, which can be to one or more UK universities. The UCAS code for Ulster University is U20.
- watch some of UCAS' videos for help and guidance
- check course information as some courses have different deadlines
- read some top tips for international students on applying to the UK
Exchange or Study Abroad programme
Steps for applying:
- create an account on our application portal
- select the application type 'Exchange or Study Abroad' from the drop-down menu
- select 'Erasmus or Study Abroad' in the programme choice drop-down menu
- enter your campus, subject and semester of study. If you are an Erasmus student, you will need your home institution Erasmus code
- Postgraduate Research (PhD)
In this section
Visas and Immigration
Find out whether you need a visa to study in the UK, which type of visa you need and how to apply for one.
Check out relevant information for your country, including entry requirements, useful contacts and events happening near you.