Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- Students must have passed their Ylioppilastutkinto / studentexamen (Matriculation Examination) with average grades of M/5 or above.
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicants for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Kandidaatti / Kandidat Professional titles - Ekonomi, Diplomi-insinööri, Arkkitehti, Lisensiaatti Proviisori
- Maisteri / magister with an overall average of 2/good/Hyvä (in the scale of 1-3) or an average of 4/very good/Erittain Hyvä (in the scale of 1-5) or above.
- Ammattikorkeakoulututkinto, AMK / yrkeshögskoleexamen, YHS (polytechnic degree) in the relevant subject with an overall average of 2/good/Hyvä (in the scale of 1-3) or an average of 4/very good/Erittain Hyvä (in the scale of 1-5) or above AND relevant work experience.
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
GCSE Math requirements
- Achieve a grade of M/5 in Maths as part of their Ylioppilastutkinto / studentexamen (Matriculation Examination).
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests so please check the list of other accepted tests