- High School Diploma (Certificate of Completion of Secondary Education) - 3 year study duration - average grade of 12 out of 20 to include a pass (12) in 5 subjects (to include Maths for STE pathway)
Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- 3 year High School Diploma plus one year pre-university programme with average score of 14/20 if completed prior to 2018
- Post 2018: High School Diploma plus recognised Foundation Programme (55%) awarded by a UK University
- Associate Degree from a Technical/Vocational Institute (Kardani) or from a University/Institute of Higher Education 12/20 or above
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicants for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Professional Doctorate
- Bachelors Degree/Licence 2:1-15/20
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
GCSE Math Requirements
- 3 year High School Diploma Mathematics with score of 14/20 or above
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests so please check the list of other accepted tests
There are currently no upcoming events for "Students from Iran"