Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- Students must have passed the Maturitná skúška / Maturita with an overall average of 3 (dobrý/good) or above.
- Students must have passed the Vysvedčenie o absolventskej skúške / Absolventský diplom (Certificate of Graduation Examination / Graduation Diploma) with a Grade of 3 or above.
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicants for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Bakalár (post 2004) with (dobrý/good) or above (pre-2004 - vel' mi dobrý/very good)
- Magister / Inzinier (formerly Absolvent Vysokej školy) (Bachelor (Honours) degree - when awarded up to and including 2002) / Professional title with average grades of (dobrý/good) or above.
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
GCSE Math requirements
- Must have completed the Maturitná skúška / Maturita with an overall average of 3 (dobrý/good) or above in Maths.
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests so please check the list of other accepted tests