International Foundation Year
- Be aged 18 years by June of the academic year in which the International Foundation Year is completed
- West African Senior School Certificate with C6 or above in 5 subjects to include Mathematics
- Attain at least an overall score of 6.0 in an Academic IELTS (with no individual band score of less than 5.5) or West African Senior School Certificate English Language Grade C6
Please note some courses require a Higher English language requirement, please check the on-line prospectus for further details.
Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- Higher National Diploma awarded after 1992 - GPA 2.5
- University Certificate
- 2-year Diploma from a public university - second class, lower division
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicants for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Bachelor degree
- 2:1- Second class upper (normally 60% or GPA 3.25/4)
- 2:2- Second class lower (normally 50% or GPA 2.5/4)
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests so please check the list of other accepted tests
Country Specific English Language Requirement Qualification
- WAEC English Language Grade C6
If presenting NECO results please provide official documentation which confirm both your examination and token numbers. These are required to verify the NECO results presented.
If presenting WAEC results please provide a copy of your individual Scratch Card which conceals a PIN that is required to verify the WAEC results presented.
There are currently no upcoming events for "Students from Ghana"