Hi, I am Temitope, your Regional Manager
Welcome to your country's information page.
Here, you'll find relevant information for your country to help you make an application to one of our degree programmes, including entry requirements, Ulster University's events near you and even contact information for our local representatives in your country.
I'm here to help you with any questions you may have about studying at Ulster University.
Why not check if we're visiting your country soon for an event, or feel free to contact me via the channels below.
Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- Higher National Diploma awarded after 1992 - GPA 2.0.
- University Certificate
- or Diploma with GPA 2.0
Diploma may be acceptable depending on awarding institution and the subject studied.
International Foundation Programme
- Be aged 18 years or over upon completion of the International Foundation Programme
- West African Senior School Certificate with C6 or above in 5 subjects (to include Mathematics for STE Pathway)
- Attain an overall score of 5.0 in the UKVI IELTS (with no individual band score of less than 5.0)
International Foundation Year
- Be aged 18 years by June of the academic year in which the International Foundation Year is completed
- West African Senior School Certificate with C6 or above in 5 subjects to include Mathematics
- Attain at least an overall score of 6.0 in an Academic IELTS (with no individual band score of less than 5.5) or West African Senior School Certificate English Language Grade C6
Please note some courses require a Higher English language requirement, please check the on-line prospectus for further details.
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicant for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Bachelors Degree
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests
so please check the list of other accepted tests
Country Specific English Language Requirement Qualification
- WAEC English Language Grade C6
If presenting NECO results please provide official documentation which confirm both your examination and token numbers. These are required to verify the NECO results presented.
If presenting WAEC results please provide a copy of your individual Scratch Card which conceals a PIN that is required to verify the WAEC results presented.
There are currently no upcoming events for "Ghana"