Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
Students must have passed the:
- Reifeprüfung / Matura from Allgemeinbildende Höhere Schulen
- The Zuegnis uber die Studienberechtigungsprufing with average marks of 3 and above.
- Students who have passed the following with average marks of 3 and above:
- Abschlusszeugnis (from a Kolleg)
- Berufsreifeprüfung / TVE-Diploma
- Diplomprüfungszeugnis (from a Kolleg)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 24 points (including at least 15 points at the higher level and a minimum of 4 points in English (in which case students are exempt from IELTS/TOEFL) and 4 points in Maths.
- European Baccalaureate with an overall score of 70% or above in all subjects.
- For courses requiring Maths a grade 7 in the relevant subject would be sufficient. Grading System: A numerical scale of 1 - 5 is used, with four being the minimum pass mark, 1 being the top of the scale.
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicant for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Students must have successfully passed their:
- Bachelor degree
- Diplomstudium/Magister OR Fachhochschuldiplom (Mag FH/Dip-Ing FH) with average grades of 2.5 or above.
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
GCSE Math Requirement
- Students must also provide evidence that they satisfy the requirements for Maths (i.e. equivalent to a Grade C/4 in GCSE. For students presenting Austrian qualifications, they must have at least a grade of 3 in Maths as part of the Abschlussprüfungszeugnis (4 in Maths for courses requiring GCSE Grade B/C*/6).
- An average mark of 3 in Maths as part of the Zuegnis uber die Studienberechtigungsprufing would also be sufficient (4 in Maths for courses requiring GCSE Grade B/C*/6).
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests so please check the list of other accepted tests
There are currently no upcoming events for "Students from Austria"