Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- Students must have passed the Erettsegi / Matura with an overall average of 3 or above.
- Students must have passed the Szakközépiskola Érettségi Bizonyítvány (Vocational Secondary School Leaving Certificate) with an overall average of 3.
For advanced entry to an Undergraduate Degree Programme:
- If students have completed a 2-3 years of their Egyetemi Oklevel in a relevant subject with an overall average of 3/közepes/average or above they may be considered (at the School’s discretion) for advanced entry. Grading System: 1-5 with 5/Jeles being the highest score and 2/Elegseges being the minimum pass mark.
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicants for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Students must hold an Egyetemi Oklevel with a minimum average of 3/közepes
- Students must hold an Alapfokozat (Bachelor degree) with a minimum average of 3/közepes Students with a lower grade or holding a Főiskolai Oklevél (College Diploma) may be considered for entry to the Graduate Certificate in Business.
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
GCSE Math requirements
- Students must also provide evidence that they satisfy the requirements for Maths (i.e. equivalent to a Grade C/4 in GCSE.
- For students presenting Hungarian qualifications, they must have achieved an overall average of 3 or above to in Maths as part of the Erettsegi / Matura (overall average 4 for courses requiring GCSE Grade B/C*/6).
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests so please check the list of other accepted tests