Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- Students must have completed their Diploma de Bacalaureat with an overall average of 7 and above.
- Students must have completed their Certificat de Competenţe Profesionale (de la Liceu/Colegiu) (Professional Competence Certificate (from a high school/college)) with an overall average of 7 and above.
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicants for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Students must hold a Diploma de Licenta, Diploma de Inginer or Diploma de Architect with grade 7 or above.
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
GCSE Math requirements
- Students must also provide evidence that they satisfy the requirements for Maths (i.e. equivalent to a Grade C/4 in GCSE.
- For students presenting Romanian qualifications, they must have achieved Grade 6 or above in Maths as part of the Diploma de Bacalaureat, (achieve Grade 7 for courses requiring GCSE Grade B/C*/6).
- Students who have a Grade 7 or above in Maths, as part of the following are also deemed to have met the Maths requirement. (Grade 8 for courses requiring GCSE Grade B/C*/6).
- Certificat de Absolvire a Ciclului Inferior al Liceului (Junior High School Graduation Certificate)
- Certificat de Absolvire a Liceului (High School Graduation Certificate)
- Diplomă/Certificat de Absolvire a Invăţământului Obligatoriu de 10 ani (Compulsory Education Graduation Diploma/Certificate (Grade 10))
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests so please check the list of other accepted tests