Hi, I am Zibo, your Regional Manager.
Welcome to your country's information page. Here, you'll find relevant information for your country to help you make an application to one of our degree programmes, including entry requirements, Ulster University's events near you and even contact information for our local representatives in your country. I'm here to help you with any questions you may have about studying at Ulster University. Why not check if we're visiting your country soon for an event, or feel free to contact me via the channels below.
Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- Hong Kong Diploma in Secondary Education - Pass with a minimum of 3 subjects at grade 4 or above.
- Hong Kong Advanced Level Education (for grade requirements it depends on the subjects completed - refer to UCAS tariff table for equivalency of A Level CCC (maths and science subjects may attract a different tariff).
- Diploma/Higher Diploma/Higher Certificate
- Associate Degree
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicant for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Bachelor's Degree (Hons)
- Bachelor Degree (Ord) may be acceptable depending on course applied and if a research project/dissertation has been completed
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests
so please check the list of other accepted tests
Country Specific English Language Requirement Qualification
- HKDSE English Language with grade 4 overall with no less than 3 in any of the 4 sub skills
- Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) - Use of English Grade D or higher with Grade D or better in at least 3 of the 4 sub-skill areas
- Hong Kong Advanced Supplementary Level Examination (HKASL) - Use of English Grade D or higher with Grade D or better in at least 3 of the 4 sub-skill areas
- Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) - English Language Syllabus B (after 2007) with grade 3 in all test elements
There are currently no upcoming events for "Hong Kong"