Each programme will have slightly different requirements, both in terms of overall points and certain subjects, so please check the relevant subject in the undergraduate on-line prospectus.
Normally Ulster University welcomes applications from students with:
- Students must have passed their Avgångsbetyg / Slutbetyg från Gymnasieskola (Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate) with grades of C or above.
- Students must have completed a 4 year Avgångsbetyg / Slutbetyg (Upper secondary school leaving certificate in vocational streams) with a grade VG.
- Students must have completed a Kvalificerad Yrkesexamen (80 poäng - KY) (to 2013) (Vocational diploma (80+ points)) with a grade VG.
- Students must have passed the Kvalificerad Yrkeshögskoleexamen (400 Yh) (from 2010) ((Advanced) Diploma in Higher Vocational Education) with a grade VG
- Students must have passed the Yrkeshögskoleexamen (200 Yh) (from 2010) (Diploma in Higher Vocational Education) with a grade VG.
Meet our requirements for undergraduate courses?
Typically we require applicants for taught programmes to hold the equivalent of a UK first degree (usually in a relevant subject area). Please refer to the specific entry requirements for your chosen course of study as outlined in the online prospectus. We consider students who have good grades in the following:
- Students must have obtained a Pass (godkänd) or above in their Kandidatexamen or Magisterexamen. Grading System: Pass with distinction (väl godkänd); Pass (godkänd); Fail (underkänd)
Meet our requirements for postgraduate courses?
GCSE Math requirements
- Must have passed their Avgångsbetyg / Slutbetyg från Gymnasieskola (Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate) with grades of C or above in Maths (Grade G under the old route). Students who achieve a grade of 3 in Maths in the Slutbetyg fran Grundskola (Compulsory Education Leaving Certificate) are also deemed to have met the Maths requirements.
English Language Entry Requirements
Normally the minimum English language entry requirement is IELTS (academic) of 6.0 (with no band score of less than 5.5).
Some of our courses ask for a higher score.
If you do not meet the English language requirement we will give you a conditional offer subject to you meeting the requirement before the commencement of the course.
We accept a wide range of alternative English language examinations and tests so please check the list of other accepted tests