Appeals guidance and forms.
You have the right to appeal, in appropriate circumstances, against a decision of a Board of Examiners or a Faculty Board or a Campus Progress and Award Board.
An appeal must be based either:
- on evidence of extenuating circumstances relevant to your progress which in your view was not in the possession of the Board of Examiners when it made its decision (SA1 appeal)
- on a procedural or other irregularity associated with the decision (SA2 appeal)
Completed Appeal Form to be returned by email to your campus Examinations Office (addresses below) not later than:
|Semester 1||Thursday 17 February 2022|
|Semester 2||Within seven working days of the publication date of the Board of Examiner's decision on the web (do not wait until publication of marks)|
|Supplementary Examinations||Thursday 15 September 2022|
|Semester 3||Thursday 6 October 2022|
|Boards outside the above periods||Appeals must be submitted within seven working days of the publication of the Board of Examiner's decision on the web.|
Only in very exceptional circumstances will appeals submitted after the deadlines be accepted for consideration. If your appeal is late, your campus Examinations Office will email you a Reason for Lateness Form to complete and return.
Appeals must be submitted within seven working days of the publication of the Board of Examiners’ decisions on the portal.
- Belfast, Jordanstown and QAHE students to examsJn@ulster.ac.uk
- Coleraine students to email@example.com
- Magee students to registryMg@ulster.ac.uk