Tuition fees (2018/19 entry)
£5,500 is the fee for standard full-time and part-time master's programmes for students from the UK, Ireland and EU countries.
If you choose to complete your studies with a postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma, fees are normally charged pro-rata.
View our list of postgraduate tuition fees.
Find out about part-time undergraduate fees at Ulster.
Find out about international tuition fees at Ulster.
To help spread the cost of your studies, tuition fees can be paid back in monthly instalments while you learn.
Most of our full-time master's degrees are one year in duration. You can pay your fees up-front, in one lump sum, or in either five* or ten* equal monthly payments.
Our part-time master's degrees are typically studied over three years. You can pay each year's fees up-front or in five* or ten* equal monthly payments each year.
This flexibility allows you to spread the payment of your fees over each academic year.
A 10% discount is available to eligible Ulster University alumni***. You will be asked at application to provide details of eligibility.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer or scholarship.
Up-front payment discount
If you pay the full cost of your annual fees at enrolment you will receive a 5% discount. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer or scholarship.
This offer is only available to self-funding students.
Professional and Career Development Loans
We are a Professional and Career Development Loans registered Learning Provider, registration number 5372. A Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial bank loan that you can use to help pay for work-related learning. For further information on financial assistance to support your learning, please visit GOV.UK or contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900.
Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loans in Northern Ireland
Tuition fee loans are now available for postgraduate study. More information can be found on our postgraduate pages.
Tuition fees for postgraduate courses
|Module (30 credit points)||£916.50|
|Group 3 courses||Price|
|MSc Applied Behaviour Analysis||£6,010|
|MSc Applied Finance|
|MSc Management and Corporate Governance|
|MSc Sport Management|
|Group 2 courses||Price|
|MSc Advanced Accounting||£7,107|
|MSc Business Development and Innovation|
|MSc Business Improvement|
|MSc Food Regulatory Affairs|
|MSc Human Resource Management|
|Group 1 courses||Price|
|Graduate Diploma in Accounting||£4,700|
|LLM Access to Justice||POA|
|LLM Commercial Law||POA|
|MA Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)||POA|
|MArch Architecture||Charged at UG rate|
|MFA (240 credit points)||£7,280|
|MSc Executive Leadership||POA|
|MSc Management and Corporate Governance (Dublin)||POA|
|PGCert Further Education||POA|
|PGCert Stem Cell Biology||£2,004|
|PGCert Veterinary Public Health||£2,369|
|PGCert Theory of Independent Prescribing for Optometrists||£2,369|
|PGDip Cataract and Refractive Surgery||£4,738|
|PGDip Physician Associate Studies (total fee charged over two academic years)||£19,090|
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions apply. Correct at the time of publishing. Fees illustrated are based on 18/19 entry and are subject to an annual increase. International fees vary. International repayment terms vary. Repayment terms vary for international eLearning students. Find out more.
* Five-month payment plan is paid by direct debit. Ten-month payment plan is paid by a Recurring Card Payment plan (credit/debit card). Calculation based on studying an equal number of modules each year. If you study fewer or more credit points in each academic year this will affect the amount paid in the academic year. Payments must be completed by 1 June during the academic year which may reduce the number of payments for late enrollers. Annual part-time fees are based on the number of modules you study each year (you only pay for the modules you study). Calculation based on studying an equal number of modules each year. If you study fewer or more credit points in each academic year this will affect the amount paid during the academic year.
** Prices vary for the MPA, full-time and part-time.
*** Ulster University alumni will receive a 10% discount on their tuition fees. This discount applies to full-time and part-time postgraduate taught programmes (including Postgraduate Certificate of Professional Development short courses/modules) only and excludes PGCE and PhD programmes.
You will qualify for our alumni discount if you have successfully completed an Ulster University:
- Undergraduate degree programme to include honours, non-honours and integrated master's.
- Postgraduate programme including postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma, master's or a PhD.
- Study year abroad programme.
The alumni discount is not available to:
· Associate students who have completed a validated programme.
· Lower undergraduate degree awards such as an advanced diploma, CERT, graduate diploma, etc.
You will qualify for the alumni discount regardless of when you finished your previous eligible programme.
This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer or scholarship.
Read our Tuition Fee Payment.