- 1 kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and halved
- 400ml milk, plus a splash
- 25g butter, plus a knob
- 25g plain flour
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 x pack fish pie mix (cod, salmon, smoked haddock etc, weight around 320g-400g)
- 1 tsp Dijon or English mustard
- Small bunch of chives, finely snipped
- handful frozen petits pois
- 60g grated cheddar
- 1/2 Lemon (Juice and Zest)
- 1 sprig of Thyme
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and then simmer until soft.
- When cooked, drain thoroughly and mash with a splash of milk and a knob of butter. Season with ground black pepper.
- Put 25g butter, 25g plain flour and 4 finely sliced spring onions in another pan and heat gently until the butter has melted, stirring regularly. Cook for 1-2 mins.
- Gradually whisk in 400ml milk using a whisk. Add thyme and bring to the boil, stirring to avoid any lumps. Cook for 3-4 mins until thickened.
- Take off the heat remove thyme and stir in mixed fish, 1 tsp mustard, lemon, chives and petits pois. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Spoon the potato on top and sprinkle with a handful of grated cheddar cheese.
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 mins or until golden.
Have you got a story ?
If you have a story you would like to share please get in touch.