Applications are now being considered for Enterprise Placement Year (EPY) 2023/24. The EPY is suitable for students who wish to set up a company, social enterprise, operate as a sole trader or provide consultancy services on a freelance basis.
Come for a chat with us on your campus - we’re here 10am - 2pm:
- Magee: Monday 17th Oct at MU Foyer
- Belfast: Tuesday 18th Oct at BA Foyer
- Coleraine: Thursday 20th Oct on The Bridge
If you feel your idea is strong consult us at email@example.com
What you can expect from EPY
As a self-employed professional, you have an opportunity to develop your consultancy skills. The EPY Sharepoint has examples of student successes.
Working remotely, you will have the support from the Enterprise Team, national student societies and access exciting events, initiatives and opportunities. We'll work closely with you to help you develop your ideas and launch a new venture. The support you can expect might look like this:
- Workshop with speaker: Each month on core topics eg: Foundations of Freelancing, Finance, Sales and Marketing.
- Peer to peer mentoring session: Each month. Driven by participants and planned in advance, facilitated by mentors.
- MS Teams and EPY Notebook: Your constant points of reference for advice, guidance, events and learning opportunities.
- Your own self-directed CPD: professional development appropriate to your Diploma in Professional Practice, industry and future career plan.
- Ad-hoc contacts: advice and support from any member of the team when required.
What will be expected of you
During your EPY you will be expected to:
- Devote time, energy and commitment to your business and the programme,
- Proactively seeking support from Business Advisors when you need it
- Attend relevant presentations and events including Induction Week, biweekly start-up sessions and monthly coaching sessions and other important events
- Take part in competitions and initiatives when advised by the Enterprise Team
- Complete a monthly, and an end of period reflection of your experiences and examples of work undertaken