Change modules

Find out how to amend modules on your academic record.

The University regulations, allow you to add or drop optional modules from your record.

Students from our main campuses

If you are a student or distance learning at Belfast, Coleraine, Jordanstown and Magee

Complete an online module change form

FlexEd /students studying at Birmingham or London

For FlexED (Access, Digital and Distributed Learning) or Ulster students studying at Birmingham or London, to make a module change you need to complete a module amendment form which should be signed by your course director and stamped by your Faculty/Department office.

To enable updates to be made to your record, you should then return the module amendment form to the appropriate campus office as indicated on the form.

Remember that adding or dropping modules form your record may have financial implications.

Module changes can only be made within the first two weeks of semester one (for semester one modules) or the first two weeks in semester two for semester two modules.

How many credit points should be taken each semester?

Failure to notify registry of amendments, errors or omissions

Failure to notify registry of amendments, errors or omissions to your module record

The Registry Office will not make any additions to the modules on which you are enrolled after the first two weeks in semester one or to any second semester modules after the end of the second week of the second semester.

You may still drop modules after that date but you cannot add modules. Full-time students who drop modules will become part-time which may affect their financial support entitlement.

If you are a part-time student you should note that you will not obtain a refund for modules which you drop, unless you notify the Registry Office within two weeks of the start of the semester.

The consequence of not informing the Registry Office of missing or additional modules by the deadlines is that you will not be able to sit examinations or get credit in the current academic year.

You can still attend classes but you will be required to re-enrol in the next academic year if you want credit for the module. If you are a part-time student you will have to pay for the modules again, even if you failed to claim a refund within the time permitted.

If you are enrolled in the wrong semester for a module which is offered in two semesters you may get credit for the module provided your Course/Subject Director and modules co-ordinator are prepared to make special arrangements for any examination required and for recording your marks.