NICHE – Nutrition Innovation Centre for Food and Health
Working to solve chronic diseases by researching the impact of diet and food quality.
The Nutrition Innovation Centre for Food and Health (NICHE), based in Northern Ireland, aims to solve the chronic diseases of ageing, obesity, cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis and cognitive decline by undertaking research on the potential impact of diet and food quality.
Facilities : Human Intervention Studies Unit dedicated to the carrying out of nutritional intervention trials on human volunteers with state-of-the-art analytical facilities.
The Biomedical Sciences research submission, which included nutrition research, was ranked within the top five out of 94 (source : REF14)
Research areas : Nutrition, ageing, Energy balance, food choice, education, Folate and B-vitamins, marine bioactives, microbiology, toxicology, child development, immunology, phytochemicals and gut microflora
40 staff, 35 postgrad students, 9 internships
- Excellence in Nutrition and Ageing
- Energy balance, food choice and nutrition education
- Folate and related B vitamins in health and disease
- Marine bioactives in health and disease
- Nutrition, toxicology and child development
- Nutritional immunology in health and disease
- Phytochemicals and gut microflora in health and disease
Current Research Activities
Register by 11th Jul 2020
Working through the Coronavirus Pandemic: Health and Social Care Workers, We Want to Hear From YOU!View project