Ulster-Scots Education Project
The development and promotion of Ulster-Scots teaching materials.
In July 2013, Ulster University was awarded funding from the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure (DCAL) on the advice of the Ministerial Advisory Group for an Ulster-Scots Academy (MAGUS) to create the Ulster-Scots Education project. The project main aims are to:
- Develop and promote a range of Ulster-Scots teaching materials suitable for the post-primary sector to meet the needs of learners at Key Stages 3, 4 & 5
- Develop and publish at least two Ulster-Scots works
- Document items from Ulster-Scots printed / special collections, recording their physical condition, cataloguing status, noting items and collections that would merit digitisation;
- Digitise key historic Ulster-Scots texts (both fiction and non-fiction)
- Organise two Ulster-Scots conferences; and two creative writing competitions
- Promote awareness of the production of the Ulster-Scots educational materials
- Celebrate key Ulster-Scots writers
- Showcase new creative writing in a range of media in Ulster-Scots.
Report on the Treasure of Archives for the Ulster-Scots Education Project