The Committee for Access, Participation and Student Success has a remit to keep under review and, as appropriate, advise and make recommendations in relation to the University's Widening Access and Participation Plan, policy, research, student applications and entry and success profiles.
It reports to:
- Senior Leadership Team
- Learning and Teaching Committee
- Academic Planning Advisory Group
- Distributed Education Board
Terms of Reference
Its purpose is to:
In discharging its responsibilities the sub committee will consider, report on and make recommendation on:
- Relevant University KPIs in civic contribution and academic excellence.
- The statutory Widening Access and Participation Plan.
- Academic planning and admissions policy in relation to fair access.
- Access pathways and validated provision in relation to fair access.
- Participation and success statistics at University Campus, Faculty and School levels to ensure awareness of and guide interventions to secure equity.
- Inclusivity of curriculum and learning with regard to retention, participation and student success.
- Academic, student and employability support in relation to student success.
- The effectiveness of educational outreach and community engagement with schools and communities that promote aspiration, fair access, meaningful networks and campus identities.
In its deliberations the Committee will have due regard to impact on, and implications for, the University’s commitment to ensuring equality of opportunity and good relations as outlined in its Equality Scheme, and associated policies, and where possible and practicable the Committee will ensure that its actions are proactive in this respect.
Professor B Murphy
Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education) (Ex-Officio)
Professor P Bartholomew
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Ex-Officio)
Professor A Adair
Professor R Folli
Dr K Hutchinson
Dr M O’Neill
Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Dr J Hamilton
Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment
Dr N Ayre
Life and Health Sciences
Professor O Barr
Ulster University Business School
Dr Shirley Barrett
Director of Employability
Mr D McGivern
Head of Centre for Flexible Education
Mrs A Scanlon
WAP Research and Impact Manager
Mrs C O’Donnell
Head of Student Support
Ms C Drummond
Head of Student Planning and Information Development
Dr S E Crothers
Director of Community Engagement, Belfast
Dr D Morrow
Chair of Collaborative Forum
Mrs Maeve Paris
Ms A Honan
Mr K McStravock
WAP Policy Officer
Mrs B A Hunter