At Ulster University Business School, we work closely with a wide range of employers, both locally and internationally, to provide high quality undergraduate and postgraduate placement opportunities to meet local, national, and international employer needs.
A quality work experience placement is pivotal in the development of a student’s future employability and provides the link between academic knowledge taught within the University framework, and its practical application within the workplace.
Student Benefits - Why do a Placement?
Meaningful work experience is a valuable part of education, offering you many benefits as you prepare for the world of work. By undertaking a work placement you can:
- Improve your skills and knowledge in a chosen industry
- Accelerate your personal growth and gain work-based transferrable skills, with the potential of working in a cross-cultural and/or a multi-lingual workplace
- Develop and grow your professional network
Business Benefits - Why Hire an Ulster Placement Student?
As an employer, placements can offer substantial value to your organisation and afford a valuable exchange of service for work experience and personal development. Offering a work placement will provide you with an opportunity to:
- Recruit a student with innovative solutions and creative enthusiasm
- Drive forward a specific business project and access university specialists with industrial and/or organisational experience
- Gain access to a pool of graduate talent
- Train potential employees should you decide to recruit
- Provide existing staff the opportunity for development through mentoring or coaching a student on placement
Work Placement Case Studies
Rose McGuigan, 3rd year Consumer Management and Food Innovation student
After enrolling on Ulster University’s new Enterprise Placement Year, Rose McGuigan, is pursuing her dream by opening ‘Bites by Rose’ - a bespoke baking business in her hometown of Cushendall.
“I have always loved baking, so the Enterprise Placement Year has presented me with the perfect opportunity to make my dream come true; and the fact that I can provide people in my local community with products they love and are keen to purchase is an added bonus.”
For further information on our degree programmes and placement process, please contact the Ulster University Business School Placement Team:
- Dr Lynne Tinkler
- Karen Beattie
- Karen Forsythe
- Judith Buick
Connect with the next generation of Ulster talent or search for new job opportunities relevant to your career via Handshake, our highly interactive career development platform.
Employability & Careers
Keep up to date with the latest news and events to support your future career prospects