The University aims to attract a range of nominations for outstanding individuals. In this context, nominations are particularly welcome in relation to:
- Those who reflect the University’s broad range of academic activity, its values and its commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Those who have achieved local, national or international distinction.
- Those who have contributed to, or associate strongly with, the achievement of the University’s strategic objectives.
- Those who have achieved outstanding success in areas of strategic interest to the University.
- Although not essential, those who have a significant connection with Northern Ireland.
- Although not essential, those who do not already hold an Honorary Degree(s) from another institution.
Those submitting nominations should note that the University will only consider the following nominations in exceptional circumstances:
- Those in relation to active politicians/persons currently holding high public office.
- Those in relation to serving members of staff, in relation to achievements outside of the University.
Self nominations are not considered by the University.
Information about nominee
Use our nomination form to include full details of your nominee. Complete separate forms for multiple nominations. If at all possible, include contact details for the nominee.
The identity of the person submitting the nomination must be kept separate from the nomination particulars.
Nominees for Honorary Degrees should not be approached by persons submitting their names to the Honorary Degrees Committee. The Committee will contact chosen candidates in due course.
Current Honorary Graduates
The University has already conferred honorary degrees on a number of distinguished persons.
Please check that your nominee is not already an honorary graduate.