- PhD, National University of Ireland, Galway
- MSc, Peace and Conflict Studies, Ulster University
- MPhil Maritime Studies, University of St Andrews, Scotland
- PgCert, Conflict and Development, Open University
- BA University College Cork, Ireland
Colin teaches aspects of conflict geographies, environmental and landscape change and development on the geography and environmental science degrees. He is course director for the Combined Subjects degree programmes and leads the annual 2nd year fieldschool to Cyprus and the 3rd year programme to Catalonia.
Colin’s research focusses on historic landscape and societal change, environment and conflict, and the historical archaeologies of past maritime societies. He is currently engaged in research across the Middle East and Africa, as well as across the Atlantic maritime zone of NW Europe.
Elected Fellow Society of Antiquaries (FSA) 2006