Understanding COPD Questionnaire
The UCOPD questionnaire is an 18-item, COPD-specific questionnaire that is designed to assess the patient’s perception of their understanding, confidence, and use of key self-management skills. It also has a short section (6 questions) which assesses the patient’s satisfaction with the education component of pulmonary rehabilitation. The UCOPD questionnaire can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
How do I complete it?
The UCOPD questionnaire is a self administered questionnaire. Responses to each question are recorded using a visual numeric scale, which is anchored with word descriptors and has intervals scored from 0 to 10. The patient is instructed to circle the number on the scale which represents their understanding, confidence, use or satisfaction with each topic. Information relating to the administration of the UCOPD questionnaire is available in the UCOPD questionnaire manual. The UCOPD Manual is available here in pdf format.
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care (ACPRC) http://www.acprc.org.uk/
- British Lung Foundation https://www.blf.org.uk/
- British Thoracic Society https://www.brit-thoracic.org.uk/
- European Respiratory Society https://www.ersnet.org/
- Living well with COPD http://www.livingwellwithcopd.com/
- Living well with COPD for Pulmonary Rehabilitation http://www.livingwellwithcopd.com/ [See UK section]
- Northern Ireland Chest Heart and Stroke Association https://nichs.org.uk/