Dr Volodymyr Shentsov Research Associate in Safety Engineering
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 66368
Dr Volodymyr SHENTSOV is a Mathematical Engineer in Applied Mathematics, he graduated from National Aerospace University (Ukraine) in 2007.
He has been a member of the HySAFER team at Ulster University since 2012 as a PhD student and since 2014 as a Research Associate in Safety Engineering.
His research interests and responsibilities within HySAFER are provision of relevant experience in the area of hydrogen safety in particular the analytical and CFD studies of different hydrogen safety related phenomenon for example unignited releases and dispersion of hydrogen in vented enclosures, including analytical studies of ignited pressure peaking and radiation from the hot layer indoors, CFD simulations of hydrogen non-premixed combustion with EDC model to study hydrogen jet fire dynamics and simulations of hydrogen tank rapture with the blast wave and fire ball, simulations of flame lift-off and blow-off etc.
He is currently contributing to FP7 project SUSANA, EPSRC SUPERGEN Hub and EPSRC SUPERGEN Challenge projects.
Showing 1 to 5 of 8 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- HIGH PRESSURE HYDROGEN TANK RUPTURE: BLAST WAVE AND FIREBALLDate: (2015)Creators: Kim, Wookyung, Shentsov, Volodymyr, Makarov, Dmitriy and Molkov, Vladimir
- THE PRESSURE PEAKING PHENOMENON: VALIDATION FOR UNIGNITED RELEASES IN LABORATORY-SCALE ENCLOSUREDate: (2015)Creators: Shentsov, Volodymyr, Kuznetsov, Mike and Molkov, Vladimir
- CFD benchmark on hydrogen release and dispersion in confined, naturally ventilated space with one ventInternational Journal of Hydrogen EnergyDate: (2015)Creators: Giannissi, S.G., Shentsov, Volodymyr, Melideo, Daniele, Cariteau, Benjamine, Baraldi, Daniele, Venetsanos, Alexandros and Molkov, Vladimir
- Numerical and Physical Requirements to Simulation of Gas Release and Dispersion in an Enclosure with One VentInternational Journal of Hydrogen EnergyDate: (2014)Creators: Molkov, Vladimir and Shentsov, Volodymyr
- Hydrogen non-premixed combustion in enclosure with one vent and sustained release: Numerical experimentsInternational Journal of Hydrogen EnergyDate: (2014)Creators: Molkov, Vladimir, Shentsov, Volodymyr, Brennan, Sile and Makarov, Dmitriy