Prior to joining the Centre Mark worked for Ipsos MORI, Oxford Economics and PriceWaterhouse Coopers where he gained 10 years' experience delivering research across the public and private sectors in the UK, Ireland and overseas.
Mark's research interests include economic policy research, economic impact and evaluation, labour market analysis, skills forecasting, competitiveness and income inequality. Mark is currently leading the development of both a skills forecasting model and a macroeconomic model for Northern Ireland.
Recent and current projects
- Northern Ireland skills barometer (Department for Employment and Learning)
- Cities of Opportunity: The urban rhythm of entertainment and media (PwC Global)
- Urban retailing in an aging world: (PwC Global)
- NI economy in transition: impacts on vulnerable groups and policy responses (Office of the First Minister and the Deputy First Minister)
- Impact of lower corporation tax on the demand for skills, employability and R&D, for NI Government ((Department for Employment and Learning)
- Change Readiness Index (CRI) (KPMG)