Professor Mickey Keenan
Professor of Behaviour Analysis
- School of Psychology
- Research Institute
- Psychology Research Institute
- Coleraine campus
- +44 28 7012 4283
Mickey Keenan is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society and a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst. He has supervised 17 Phd students to completion and has a record of over 60 publications in a broad range of topics (e.g., autism, gerontology, precision teaching, bereavement, sex abuse, video modeling, stimulus equivalence, schedules of reinforcement with humans and non-humans, private events, teaching about behavior analysis) As well as four books and over 30 invited presentations world-wide.
Mickey has received numerous awards for his community work in helping parents of children with autism including the Award for Promoting Equality of Opportunity (British Psychological Society), the Distinguished Community Fellowship (Ulster University), the Personal Achievement Award (New York State Association for Behavior Analysis), Award for Public Service in Behavior Analysis (Society for Advancement of Behavior Analysis), the Michael Hemmingway Award (Behavior Analysts Certification Board), Award for International Dissemination of Behavior Analysis(Society for the Advancement of Behavior Analysis), and the first International Advocacy Award from Autism Speaks.
Mickey spearheaded the masters course in Applied Behaviour Analysis at Ulster University and lead two European projects to develop an online multimedia training course in Behaviour Analysis that has been translated into nine languages. He also has a tutorial on challenging behaviour.
Showing 1 to 10 of 62 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Interview on ABA for the treatment of autismDate: (2017)
- The fuzzy outline of an operantThe Behavior AnalystDate: (2017)
- Men have breasts too: A pilot study using behavioural technology for skills-based training in detecting lumps in breastsSPECIALNY PEDAGOGDate: (2016)
- The good behaviour game: Maintenance effectsInternational Journal of Educational ResearchDate: (2016)
- Staff Training in Autism: The One-Eyed Wo/Man…International Journal of Environmental Research and Public HealthDate: (2016)
- The Scientific Image in Behavior AnalysisThe Behavior AnalystDate: (2016)
- ABA and the nail that sticks outSlovakian Journal of Special EducationDate: (2016)
- Autism spectrum disorder post-diagnosis experience in N Ireland: Views from caregiversSlovakian Journal of Special EducationDate: (2016)
- Merging Separately Established Functional Equivalence ClassesThe Psychological RecordDate: (2015)
- Autism and ABA: The Gulf Between North America and EuropeReview Journal of Autism and Developmental DisordersDate: (2015)