Professor Girijesh Prasad
Professor of Intelligent Systems
- School of Computing & Engineering
- Research Institute
- Computer Science Research Institute
- Magee campus
- +44 28 7167 5645
Girijesh Prasad is Professor of intelligent systems in the School of Computing and Intelligent Systems.
He is Director of Northern Ireland Functional Brain Mapping (NIFBM) facility at Intelligent Systems Research Centre, where he leads the Neural Systems and Neuro-technology research team.
Girijesh received a BTech in Electrical Engineering from Regional Engineering College (now NIT) Calicut, India in 1987, an MTech in Computer Science and Technology from University of Roorkee (now IIT Roorkee), India in 1992, and a PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Queen's University Belfast, UK in 1997.
He is a Chartered Engineer, a Fellow of IET, a Senior Member of IEEE, and a founder member of IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics society's Technical Committee on Brain-Machine Interface Systems.
Girijesh joined Ulster University, as a Lecturer in 1999; he was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2007, Reader in 2008, and Professor in 2011.
Previously he worked in industry, first as a Digital Systems Engineer and then as a Power Plant Engineer in India, and as a Research Fellow on an EPSRC/industry project at Queen's University Belfast.
His research interests are in intelligent systems, data engineering, brain modelling, brain-computer interfaces and neuro-rehabilitation, assistive technology, and biometrics.
He has published over 210 research papers in journals, edited books, and conference proceedings and his research has attracted over £5M funding from national and international agencies including Invest Northern Ireland, Department of Employment and Learning, RCUK, Leverhulme Trust, Royal Society, UK India Education and Research Initiative, and Irish industry.
Showing 1 to 10 of 205 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Propofol-induced Sedation Diminishes the Strength of Frontal-Parietal-Occipital EEG NetworkDate: (2017)
- EMOHEX: An eye tracker based mobility and hand exoskeleton device for assisting disabled peopleDate: (2017)
- A novel multimodal gaze controlled Hindi virtual keyboard for disabled usersDate: (2017)
- A Combination of Transductive and Inductive Learning for handling Non-Stationarities in MotorImagery ClassificationDate: (2016)
- A Multivariate Empirical Mode Decomposition based Filtering for Subject Independent BCIDate: (2016)
- Effective Connectivity Analysis in Fronto-Centro-Parietal Network during Altered Levels of ConsciousnessDate: (2016)
- Cortico-Muscular-Coupling and Covariate Shift Adaptation based BCI for Personalized Neuro-Rehabilitation of Stroke PatientsDate: (2016)
- Enhanced Motor Imagery Classification in EEG-BCI using Multivariate EMD based filtering and CSP FeaturesDate: (2016)
- An MEG Based BCI for Classification of Multi-Direction Wrist Movements Using Empirical Mode DecompositionDate: (2016)
- Dynamic probabilistic causal relationships among biomarkers, lifestyle and cognition in healthy, mild cognitive impairment, and Alzheimer's disease participantsDate: (2016)