Dr Gabriel Guarino
Lecturer in Early Modern History
- School of English & History
- Research Institute
- Arts and Humanities Research Institute
- Coleraine campus
- +44 28 7012 3269
Gabriel Guarino is a cultural historian. He has various publications on the Spanish expansion and its socio-cultural influence in Europe and the Americas, on the cultural history of European princely courts and on the African-American Diaspora.
He is presently working on a comparative study of the Viceregal courts of Spain, and on the edition of two collections of essays.
BA, MA (University of Haifa), PhD (Cantab.).
Early modern history, cultural studies, communication studies, historical anthropology, Spanish studies, Italian studies, Atlantic history.
Showing 1 to 10 of 17 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- TAMING TRANSGRESSION AND VIOLENCE IN THE CARNIVALS OF EARLY MODERN NAPLESThe Historical JournalDate: (2016)
- Cabalgatas reales en el Nápoles virreinalDate: (2014)
- Spanish Fashions and Sumptuary Legislation in Habsburg ItalySpanish Fashion at the Courts of Early Modern EuropeDate: (2014)
- The Spanish monarchy and the challenges of the Thirty Years’ WarThe Ashgate Research Companion to the Thirty Years' WarDate: (2014)
- Cerimoniali e feste durante il viceregno austriaco a NapoliCerimoniale del viceregno austriaco di Napoli, 1707-1734Date: (2014)
- Noble Culture in Spanish NaplesDimore signorili a Napoli. Palazzo Zevallos Stigliano e il mecenatismo aristocratico dal XVI al XX secoloDate: (2013)
- Public Rituals and Festivals in Naples, 1503-1799A Companion to Early Modern NaplesDate: (2013)
- Representing the King's Splendour: Communication and Reception of Symbolic Forms of Power in Viceregal NaplesDate: (2010)
- The Reception of Spain and its Values in Habsburg Naples: A ReassessmentExploring Cultural History: Essays in Honour of Peter BurkeDate: (2010)
- Images of the Body PoliticDate: (2007)