About our Nursing and Health Research
Find out more about our Nursing and Health Research.
Our vision is to be world-leading in research and development.
We want to enhance the knowledge, expertise and engaged scholarship of nursing, midwifery, public health and allied health professions research.
We work to achieve our vision by:
- undertaking high quality strategic and applied research through a range of creative and appropriate methodologies
- by contributing towards the development of models, conceptual frameworks and theories relevant to policy, practice and education
- by providing consultancy on service evaluation and developments, in partnership with statutory, private and voluntary organisations
- by educating and training high calibre research students, within the context of providing a high profile community for seminars, master classes, workshops, lectures and conferences
- by engaging actively in knowledge transfer at local, national and international levels
- demonstrating the impact of new knowledge through innovation and development
Our strategic framework and operational plan underpin all research activities in the INHR, and delivered through five Research Centres with each one being led by an internationally recognised expert in the field:
The INHR has approximately 90 doctoral students working with us – visit our doctoral programme pages for further information and profiles of many of our students and their work.
In addition our visiting scholars programme ensures we maximise our international connections and engagement with international experts.