Research within the theme includes work in fundamental and applied research in knowledge engineering (logics, SAT, theorem proving, formal verification, uncertainty and probabilistic reasoning, decision making) and semantics (semantic web and ontology, computational semantics, description logics), which underlie practical challenges such as knowledge presentation and reasoning, domain modelling, information fusion, uncertainty handling, data and knowledge integration, the ethics of AI, trust, accountability and explainable AI.
Key application areas:
- intelligent decision support systems
- AI- human interaction
- safety and risk analysis
- policy decision making
- environment, land management and agriculture
- software verification
- automated theorem proving
- security/disaster management
- and heath care and smart home.