Paul is an early career researcher having just begun his second year of PhD study. His research concentrates on the role of critical reflection in initial teacher education.
He has published on the role of mentoring in initial teacher education.
Paul is currently chairperson of AfPE NI (Association for Physical Education N Ireland) where his role is to promote the subject and help develop an improved CPD framework.
- Course Director PGCE Physical Education
- Module Coordinator for Teaching Reflective Practice
- Module Coordinator for ICT in Education
- Masters Dissertation Supervisor
- McFlynn, P.; McQueen, P. and Murphy, C. (2016) Secondary schools in Northern Ireland: governance, policy and curriculum. In: Capel, S.; Leask, M. and Younie, S. (Eds.) Learning to Teach in the Secondary School. A companion to school experience (7th Ed.). London: Routledge.
- Chambers, F.C.; Herold, F.A.; Armour, K.; McFlynn, P. and Brennan, D. (2015) Training mentor teachers across the career-span. In: Chambers, F. C. (Ed.) Mentoring in physical education and sports coaching (pp 96-108). London: Routledge.
- Chambers, F.C.; Armour, K.; Herold, F.A.; McFlynn, P.; Brennan, D.A.; Luttrell, S. and Bleakley, W. (2014) Professional learning for PE teachers/Coaches: An ecological approach to mentoring. European Conference on Educational Research, Porto, Portugal, 1 Sept 2014 – 5 Sept 2014.
- Chambers, F.C.; Armour, K.; Herold, F.A.; McFlynn, P.; Brennan, D.A. and Bleakley, E.W. (2014) Designing Sustainable Models of Mentoring for Sports Clubs. AIESEP World Congress, University of Auckland, New Zealand, 10 Feb 2014 – 13 Feb 2014.
- Chambers, F.C.; Herold, F.A.; McFlynn, P.; Armour, K. and Brennan, D.A. (2013) Developing Effective Mentor Pedagogies to Support Pre-service Teacher Learning on Teaching Practice. European Conference in Educational Research, Istanbul, Turkey, 9 Sept 2013 – 13 Sept 2013.