Dr Nikhilkumar Shah
- Belfast School of Architecture and the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment Research Institute
- Jordanstown campus
- +44 28 9036 6122
Dr Nikhilkumar Shah is a Research Associate at Centre for Sustainable Technologies in School of the Built Environment. Dr Shah's research interest includes heat pump, thermal energy storage, engine testing, demand side management and biofuels. His current work includes high temperature heat pump with possible integration of thermal energy storage for domestic and industrial applications. Dr Shah is an active participant in IEA Annexes on heat pump.
Dr Shah has secured research collaboration funding for "Diesel engine emission and performance testing with biofuel with Nano-particles" with IIT Guwahati, India as a co-applicant from UKIERI. Dr Shah holds PhD in area of "Engine driven heat pump with heat recovery" from Ulster University, MSc in Energy System from Aachen University of Applied Science, Germany and B.Eng in Mechanical from Gujarat University, India. He has also worked in the field of engine testing, fuel cell material and solar thermal system in the past. He is also reviewer of two international journals.
Showing 1 to 4 out of 4 publications
This list was generated by the Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR).
- Performance analysis of biofuel fired trigeneration systems with energy storage for remote householdsApplied EnergyDate: (2017)
- Performance analysis of diesel engine heat pump incorporated with heat recoveryApplied Thermal EngineeringDate: (2016)
- Experimental study of a diesel engine heat pump in heating mode for domestic retrofit applicationApplied Thermal EngineeringDate: (2015)
- High temperature heat pump operational experience as a retrofit technology in domestic sectorDate: (2015)