Dr Martin Hinch Research Associate in Performance & Analysis of Residential Property Markets
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 66610
Dr Martin Hinch joined the Built Environment Research Institute within the School of the Built Environment as a Research Associate in January 2015. Martin's main focus is the management and analysis of data used to produce the Northern Ireland Quarterly House Price Index. This report has been produced by the University since 1984 and is seen as a key indicator of housing market economics within the province.
Originally from Lancashire in the North of England, Martin was schooled in Glasgow before graduating from the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen with a BA (Hons) in Politics and Management. He progressed to a career in the financial services sector in Scotland before relocating to Northern Ireland to pursue a career in the property industry.
After a number of years working as a property consultant Martin moved on to complete his PHD in International Property and Economics at Ulster University. After graduation in 2012 Martin undertook research roles with the Northern Ireland Housing Executive and a major consultancy firm before returning to the University to fulfil his current position. Other research interests include further development of his PHD research into international property market analysis and subsequent economic implications for the UK housing market.
Showing 1 to 5 of 7 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Northern Ireland Quarterly House Price Index for Q1 2016 Report Number 126Date: (2016)Creators: Adair, Alastair S, McGreal, Stanley and Hinch, Martin
- Performance of private rental market in Northern Ireland: Summary Research Report July - December 2015Date: (2016)Creators: McGreal, Stanley, McCord, John and Hinch, Martin
- Northern Ireland Quarterly House Price Index for Q4 2015 Report Number 125Date: (2016)Creators: Adair, Alastair S, McGreal, Stanley and Hinch, Martin
- Northern Ireland Quarterly House Price Index for Q3 2015 Report Number 124Date: (2015)Creators: Adair, Alastair S, McGreal, Stanley and Hinch, Martin
- Northern Ireland Quarterly House Price Index for Q2 2015 Report 123Date: (2015)Creators: Adair, Alastair, McGreal, Stanley and Hinch, Martin