Impact of Law Research
Our research has an impact on local and international settings.
Locally our research is helping us to:
- Shape social security discourse so as to better protect dignity and rights,
- Understand the difficulties people face when they represent themselves in legal proceedings rather than rely on a lawyer, and what support they need
- Integrate gender into legacy discussions
- Capture LGBTQ visions of peace in post-Agreement Northern Ireland
- Inform debates on human rights protection in Northern Ireland and across these islands
Litigants in person
The School of Law is working on the research project Litigants in Person in Northern Ireland.
Internationally our research:
- Is helping Latin American countries to search for the remains of the disappeared
- Developing substantive definitions of reconciliation for post-conflict societies
- Is assisting with accountability efforts in relation to human rights violations in Iraq, Haiti, Brazil and elsewhere