EU Interreg NPA
About the Project
This project focuses on the innovation opportunities offered to healthcare providers and other public bodies by the provision and implementation of an Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure and strategy.
In non-clinical applications, for example, water management, health and safety, energy use, waste management, estate management, medical equipment asset and inventory and many other such areas, there are substantial opportunities for businesses, government agencies, academics and the healthcare providers themselves to develop efficient and effective IoT solutions.
Projected key outcomes
- use a non-clinical focus to test the potential for IoT applications comparing three regions in the NPA area
- map current IoT infrastructure and use within each region to establish a comparative baseline
- review of stakeholder opinions of those engaged within the infrastructure as suppliers, stakeholders or end-users
- identify best practice by developing a common but regionally flexible IoT strategy that will enable each region to support IoT Testbeds and developing a process whereby such testbed projects (pilots) can be evaluated
- develop strategy, best practice evidence infrastructure and process to support non-clinical IOT
- illustrate this planned methodology and to operationalise the deliverables identified for this project
- create an easily replicable methodology for use in any other region and with any other public body