Recruit our students
Opportunities are advertised to our students and graduates, free of charge and through different channels.
- Graduate vacancies
Careers Connect promotes graduate opportunities and employers events.
- Year long placements, internships, part-time vacancies and volunteering opportunities
Recruit allows employers to advertise work experience and placement opportunities.
The Professional Experience Programme and the Santander SME Internship Scheme offer local employers attractive mechanisms to recruit recent Ulster graduates.
Professional Experience Programme 2017/18
This scheme offers local employers the opportunity to recruit an Ulster graduate for a six month full-time role.
The graduate gets £6000 over the 6 month period with the employer contribution £3750.
The following applies:
- participating graduates complete a Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice over the six month period.
- the current six month period is September 2017 to 17 March 2018
- Ulster University administers the bursary payments
This will be the sixth year of this highly successful programme. In 2015/16 over 80% of participating graduates were offered further employment by their internship employer.
If you are interested in participating in PEP 2016/17 please contact Moira McCarthy, Career Development Manager.
Santander SME Internship Scheme 2016/17
This scheme offers SMEs the opportunity to recruit an Ulster student/graduate for a 10 week part funded internship.
- Only SMEs or charitable organisations with employee/income restrictions of SMEs are eligible.
- You, as the employer, will carry out the interviews and select the relevant candidate.
- Ulster University administer the bursary payments.