- Eliciting approximately 80-100 targets in single words per session (Williams 2005, Allen 2013)
- Typically sessions last 30 minutes (Williams 2000, Williams 2005, Allen 2013, Lee 2018)
- Typically sessions are provided twice (Williams 2000, Lee 2018) or three times per week (Allen 2013)
NOTE: Allen (2013) found that 3 intervention sessions per week for 8 weeks was more effective than providing 1 session per week for 24 weeks. This less intense provision (1 session per week) found similar results to that of the control group.
Total intervention duration:
- Typically, 21-42 sessions are provided (Williams et al. 2010)
Cumulative intervention intensity:
- Allen (2013) reported a cumulative intervention intensity of 1944
- Williams (2000) reported a cumulative intervention intensity of 1040-10500
NOTE: This research has not taken place from referral to discharge. Often, the time allowance for research intervention is pre-determined.
For more information see Williams et al. (2010) pages 82 - 83