Recent Practice Outputs
Recent creative practice-based research from the unit has included jazz albums, screen operas, electroacoustic and experimental music, installation art and voice work for a film.
A selection of these can be found below; more details are available on individual staff profiles on PURE, the university's research repository.
Creative Outputs (by recent performance/presentation)
- Irvine, B. Various presentations including Kunstfest Weimar (Sept 2020); Irish National Opera (screen opera; autumn 2020):
- Keeney, D. 'Frictionless: a Virtual Reality documentary'. Premiered at the Playhose Theatre, Derry, as part of Art in the Place of Conflict conference.
- Bridges, B. Composition and performance. ‘Microterritories: Lost and Found Borders’. At ISSTA 2020 Sonic Practice Now. (online, August 2020).
- Casey, R. Composition. 'Moya’s Lament'. At ISSTA 2020 Sonic Practice Now. (online, August 2020).
- Bridges, B. Composition presented. 'Tracing Beijing' (2017). At New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival (online, June 27th 2020).
- Hamilton, L.P.: CD Album ‘For the Record’ - Linley Hamilton Quintet (TeddyD Records) 2020.
- Melvin, A. 2018. Monument: Three Sisters (installation for ultrasonic 'audio spotlight' speakers and standard speakers). Premiered at ISSTA 2016, Derry, Garden of Reflection Gallery; reprised Galerie Yoko Uhoda, Liège, Belgium, November 2018.
- Further details available on PURE.
- Lyons, F. 2017. Nonzerosum (composition), supported by Calouste Gulbenkian and PRS Beyond Borders commission, as part of Inclusive Creativity project.
- Further details available on PURE
- Campo, G. 2016 (voice work) for Tides, A History of Lives and Dreams Lost and Found (Some Broken). See research document Tides: Enacting Liquid Voice in Film through Voice coaching. Premiered at Festival Palermo Sole Luna International Film Festival, Palermo, July 2016, winner of 6 awards at international film festivals including Milan, Malta, Parma, Treviso.
- More details on www.alessandronegrini.com
Keynotes and invited presentations
Practice-based researchers have also presented keynotes and invited presentations on their work, including:
- Lyons, F. Keynote at EASPD International Conference on Arts and Inclusion,14th-15th October, 2020, Cork.
- Irvine, B. Keynote at 2018 Society for Music Education in Ireland annual conference. Royal Irish Academy of Music, Dublin, 2nd-3rd November 2018.