Recent Articles and Book Chapters
Researchers in this unit have published in some of the leading journals in music, drama, film/screen and heritage/museum studies, and in volumes published by Springer, Palgrave, Rowman and Littlefield, Manchester University Press and Routledge.
A selection of recent publications from 2019 and 2020 can be found below.
- Crooke, E 2020, 'Communities, Change and the Covid-19 Crisis', Museum and Society, vol. 18, no. 03, pp. 305-310.
- McCollum, V & Monteverde, G 2020, 'I Miss the Old Kayne’: Keeping Up with Kanye, Kim, and President Donald Trump. in Resist!: Protest Media and Popular Culture in the Brexit-Trump Era: (Experiments/On the Political). vol. 1, Rowman & Littlefield, London, pp. 19-49.
- Fitzpatrick, L 2020, 'Contemporary Feminist Protest in Ireland: #Me Too in Irish Theatre', Irish University Review, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 82-93.
- Jennings, M, Deeny, P & Tizzard-Kleister, K 2020, Health care as performance: Applied drama, 'sympathetic presence' and person-centred nursing. in A Stuart Fisher & J Thompson (eds), Performing care: New perspectives on socially engaged performance. 1 edn, Manchester University Press, Manchester, pp. 187-203.
- Maguire, T 2020, 'Alternative Worlds: the emergence of Theatre for Young Audiences from the conflict in Northern Ireland.', Strenae.
- Roddy, S., & Bridges, B. (2020). Mapping for meaning: the embodied sonification listening model and its implications for the mapping problem in sonic information design. Journal on Multimodal User Interfaces, 14(2), 143-151.
- Casey, R 2019, 'Aisteach: Jennifer Walshe, Heritage, and the Invention of the Irish Avant-Garde', Transposition: Musiques et Sciences Sociale, no. 8.
- Dinç, E & Akser, M 2019, 'Four Women in the Harem (1965) by Halit Refig: The Construction of "National Cinema" in Turkey', Journal of Film and Video, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 51-64.
- Campo, G 2019, 'Simone Weil and theatre: from attention to the descending way', Stanislavski Studies, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 177-200.
- Goddard, J 2019, 'On Theatricality and the Space Between: Relationships and the Theatre(s) of Learning Disability', Performance Research, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 110-117.
- Melvin, A, Bridges, B & Bates, E 2019, Sound Spatialization. in M Filimowicz (ed.), Foundations in Sound Design for Interactive Media: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Routledge Taylor & Francis Group, New York & London, pp. 141-160.