SharePoint is used to create websites. You can then use these sites as a secure place to store, organize, share, and access documents from any device.All you need is a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox.
- The How to Access SharePoint Online section below will guide you, on how to log in.
- Read the Getting Started with SharePoint guide from Microsoft.
- Find out more, by visiting the Online training courses to learn more.
- Check with your local IT Support if there is an existing SharePoint site already set up for your team. You can search the SharePoint Landing page for existing sites.
- If there is no existing site for your team, then please Request a SharePoint Site.
SharePoint Online is a mobile-friendly technology platform included in the University's Microsoft Office 365 offering.
SharePoint is used to create websites. You can then use these sites as a secure place to store, organize, share, and access documents from any device.
All you need is a web browser, such as Edge, Chrome, or Firefox.
Using SharePoint to Help with Remote Working
With so many teams working remotely at present, SharePoint can help you and your colleagues continue to work collaboratively from home, helping to maintain business continuity.
Your files and data can be accessed from any device anywhere in the world, either through the web browser on your computer or mobile app on your phone or tablet.
Access SharePoint Online
Logging in to SharePoint Online
- Login to the Portal using your University Login
- Navigate to the App Launcher in the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Select the SharePoint icon
Navigating the SharePoint Home Screen
- To access other SharePoint sites, you need to be given access by the site owner. (When you are granted access, you may receive an email alert containing a link to the site.)
- Alternatively, you can search for a site from the SharePoint start page in Office 365
- To add a SharePoint site to the list of sites you are following in the SharePoint start page, navigate to the site and click on the star beside 'Follow', in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
OneDrive and SharePoint
OneDrive and SharePoint are both included in Office 365 and allow you to store and share documents.
OneDrive for Business
OneDrive for Business is an online file storage platform used by individuals who need a central location to store and access files. It is a private document library that only you have access to, unless you choose to share your files or folders with others. OneDrive is attached to your personal Office 365 account, and if you leave the University, your files will be automatically deleted in line with policy.
SharePoint is aimed more at teams rather than individuals. It is a collaboration tool which allows multiple individuals and teams to work on multiple documents at the same time.
- Find out how to create and share documents in SharePoint
- Find out how to access SharePoint files using File Explorer
It is important that you consider Protecting Information when sharing information in MS Teams.
Also we recommend you complete the LinkedIn Learning training on Cyber Security & Safer Digital Communications.
How to contact the Service Desk
You can also Live Chat with a Service Desk team member. When a team member is available you will see a button on the bottom right of this screen. If the button is not visible, you can still contact us via the methods above.
Service Desk Hours
Semester 1 and 2
Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday – Sunday 1pm – 5pm
All other times except extended closure
Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm
Friday 8am - 4pm