About the Centre for Youth Research and Dialogue
We are committed to knowledge exchange and to bridging the gap between policy and practice development.
Research and dialogue from the Community Youth Work team provides solutions and critical insights on themes in local, national and international informal and non-formal practice. We are committed to knowledge exchange and to bridging the gap between policy and practice development. Priority interests lie in addressing inclusion, youth participation and diversity in local, national and global affairs impacting the lives of young people.
We aim to:
- Conduct research that enhances knowledge, practice, and policy in Community Youth Work through academic writing, collaborative sectoral partnership approaches and through, our students’ learning experiences and the support of early career MSc and PhD research supervision.
- Collaborate across the disciplines of social sciences, education, and health to share multi-disciplinary interests and research expertise.
- Disseminate research findings beyond academic circles into the wider community and voluntary sector, civil society, and government.
- Demonstrate impact by highlighting how research activity crosses disciplines and finds creative solutions for real problems.
- Disseminate our work to local, regional, and international community of scholars and practitioners through seminars, conference and the publication of our research results in world leading social sciences journals and international conferences.