How do I join a video conference
Ulster University has a number of video conferencing room types and the method you use to join your video conference meeting will depend on which room type you are joining from.
1. Immersive Telepresence Suites
These rooms are equipped with a touchscreen interface which displays the next 5 meetings scheduled to take place in the room. The Immersive Guide in the room indicated how you should locate the meeting you wish to join and click the 'join' button under your meeting title when it becomes available and turns green at the scheduled start time.
Please ensure you press the 'hangup' button when your meeting concludes so the next users can view the scheduled meetings.
2. Standard videoconferencing Suites
In these rooms, users should see their meeting invite on the display screen and must use arrow keys on the Cisco remote to select the option to join the meeting then press the central 'tick' button on the remote.
If the meeting invite doesn't display or times out, users should dial the Conference ID using the remote and press the central 'tick' button on the remote to join the meeting.
3 Video conferencing enabled meeting rooms
The same method of joining applies for these rooms as for Standard video conference studios but there are two different types of remote that may be in use.
If the unit uses a Cisco remote, users should use the arrow keys and the central 'tick' button.
If the unit uses a Tandberg remote users must use the arrow keys and the central 'OK' button.
Other methods of joining a video conference
If you can't attend one of the Ulster University locations booked for the meeting, you can still join by:
- Skype for Business or Skype web app (requires webcam and microphone) - simply click the link detailed in your meeting invite and follow instructions.
- Telephone (audio only) - call the phone number detailed in your meeting invite and enter the unique ConferenceID, followed by a # when prompted.
- External attendees may use the unique ConferenceID detailed within the meeting request to connect to the meeting from a SIP enabled conference system.
If you do not see your meeting invite displayed in the room and your Conference ID does not work please check details with the meeting the organiser in the first instance. If details are verified but you still cannot connect then please avail of the following support during normal working hours*:
- Telephone: 028 9036 6777 if you require urgent help during a conference, or need to report a fault. Please have at hand the exact symptoms and locations involved.
* Monday - Thursday: 9:00-17:00 and Friday: 9:00-16:30. Faults reported to 028 9036 6777 outside of these times will be logged by our Out of Hours IT Service Desk.
See full support details at Video Conference Support