The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for staff and student IT related queries, problems and requests in regard to the IT services offered by Digital Services.
A call will be logged, on our Unidesk system, against your staff (E-Code or A-Code) or student ID (B-Code), so please have this available when contacting the IT Service Desk. You will be supplied with a call reference number and this should be quoted if requesting a call update.
What the Service Desk needs from you
- Please supply all relevant information, such as contact details, device name/operating system/browser, description of the issue, and screenshots of error messages received. This will aid us in accurately logging a ticket for you. The IT Service Desk will never ask you to disclose your password either over the phone or by email.
- If you have logged a call previously for a similar issue, you are seeking an update to a current call, or you wish to cancel a call, please provide the call reference number.
- Depending on the request, we may require further information to verify your identity, or progress the call, so please check your email updates. You can also check the status by logging in to the Unidesk self-service portal.
How to contact the Service Desk
Service Desk Hours
Semester 1 and 2
Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday – Sunday 1pm – 5pm
All other times except extended closure
Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm
Friday 8am - 4pm
Extended Closure - Easter and Christmas Holidays
You can find answers to our most regularly received IT queries on our Unidesk self-service portal knowledge base.
Additionally, details of planned and unplanned service interruptions or updates regarding any major IT-related incident will be provided as appropriate via
- our Service Status page.
- Digital Services Twitter channel
- Unidesk Self-Service Portal under Current News
- Global Mailshot
Please note that our Twitter account is intended to provide information only, such as major service announcements and generic IT advice.
It is not intended to be used to provide IT support to individual staff and students. All support requests should be made via the contact methods advertised above.