Digital Services offer a wide range of useful resources and advice to assist you in your studies and making the most of the services and technologies we provide. .
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find answers to our most regularly received IT queries on our web pages and within the Unidesk self-service portal knowledge base. Browse our web site or visit our Unidesk Self-Service page for further information about how to login and use the self-service portal.
Details of planned and unplanned service interruptions or updates regarding any major IT-related incident will be provided as appropriate via:
- the Service Status page.
- Digital Services Twitter channel
- Unidesk Self-Service Portal under Current News
- Global Mailshot
Useful Online Resources
The following are great online resources:
- Tips for improving workplace comfort
- Microsoft 365 Training
- Direct link to the Self-Service password reset
- Google is a great tool for finding solutions to specific problems especially software application issues.
Please check if your dedicated School IT technical support can help you with initial troubleshooting. If they can not resolve the problem, ask them to contact the Service Desk on your behalf, providing all relevant troubleshooting attempted.
If you appear to have a problem with your device, please try the following before contacting the service desk:
- Ensure all cables are connected correctly
- Restart your device
- Launch the application again that caused the problem
Staff Digital Skills Training
Staff can register for our Digital Skills events which will enhance your confidence in using technology and help you get the most from our services. Topics include Microsoft 365 Applications, JISC surveys, Vevox, Panopto and Classroom technology training.