How do I map a network drive to access a fileshare?
Digital Services is a major University administrative department with responsibilities covering library, academic and administrative computing, digital communications, media-technology services and reprographic services.
If you are a member of staff looking to map a network drive to a file share that is used by your department, check with a colleague who already has this set up to obtain the server name.
- Enter the information by clicking on the windows start button, and in the search box type \\ followed by the server name.
- A new window will appear showing a list of shared folders.
- Right click on the appropriate folder and then select map network drive.
- Select an available drive from the drop down menu.
- Digital Services recommend that for convenience and departmental continuity where possible, that you use the same drive letter for your network drive as used by your colleagues.
- Click on the Finish button.
If unable to complete the task satisfactorily, contact the Service Desk for assistance.
How to contact the Service Desk
Service Desk Hours
Semester 1 and 2
Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday – Sunday 1pm – 5pm
All other times except extended closure
Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm
Friday 8am - 4pm