Our International students who apply for accommodation by 14th August for Semester 1 are guaranteed a room in accommodation. Choose from a range of accommodation types to suit every budget and preference.
Residential Services are delighted to offer International students the opportunity to make payments for accommodation via 'Transfer Mate' and enjoy the following benefits:
- Eliminates the cost/admin associated with international payments
- Pay in your local currency to local bank accounts so no international wire fees
- Better exchange rates
- Savings on Bank Transfer/Credit Card
- Faster. ‘TransferMate’ will provide quote and give 48 hours to compare quotes before paying
- Receipt immediately confirming payment
- 24 hour customer Service from ‘TransferMate’
Information for 'Funded' and 'Non-funded' international students
Students who are attending Ulster University through a course which is fully funded i.e. your accommodation fees are being paid by Ulster University International Department or direct to Residential Services should apply using the APPLY NOW tab and choose the 'Overseas Funded student' option. This means you will not be required to make a payment when accepting your room offer.
Any student who is receiving funding directly from their home institution to pay their accommodation fees should not choose this option.
NEED HELP? If you have any queries regarding your course, funding or arrival to Ulster University please Contact the Team - Ulster University Global and they will be happy to help.
Information for 'Pre-sessional' AND 'Pre-sessional Plus' Students
These are students who arrive to Ulster University during the summer months to complete an English language course.
The Pre-sessional Plus course provides further intensive English language teaching.
Students are required to pay their own booking fee and residential fees; For detailed guidance on how to apply for accommodation see below:
Pre-sessional plus students residential contract operates from June to September 2022 at the Jordanstown campus.
Pre-sessional students contract operates from July to September 2022 at the Jordanstown campus.
To book accommodation for Pre-sessional or Pre-sessional Plus period
- All students should first register their personal details and follow the Summer Student Route to Pre-sessional where an application should be completed Accommodation at Ulster University.
- You will be notified of an offer by e-mail at which time you should log back in and go to Dashboard to either Accept or Reject the offer of accommodation. When you accept you will be required to pay for the pre-sessional period in full.
To book accommodation for the 2022/23 Academic year
- Students who wish to stay in university accommodation for the academic year must complete an application for the 2022/23 session. Accommodation at Ulster University
- To submit your application for accommodation for the 2022/23 academic year you will be asked to pay £100 Booking Fee which becomes non-refundable once you accept an offer of accommodation.
- Accommodation will be available from the end of the pre-sessional contract on the 9rd September provided you have completed an application in advance for the new academic year.
- A charge for accommodation for the period from 9th September 2022 to the beginning of the new accommodation contract on the 17th September 2022 will be included in the room offer.
- When accepting your room offer you will be given a choice of payment options, a minimum upfront payment of £300 will be required in order to accept your accommodation offer.
- If your academic course is at the Coleraine or Magee campuses, you will be expected to travel to your new campus on the 9th September 2022.
- If you have a residential contract for the 2022/23 academic year and subsequently do not pass the course, you will be released from your contract and any monies paid refunded.
Students who intend to reside in the private rental sector for the academic year 2022/23 will be required to move out of the University accommodation by the 9th September 2022.
Students can apply for accommodation for Pre-sessional, Pre-sessional plus from April 2022