Page content

Find out what you need to bring to have a safe and comfortable stay in the residences.

  • What do I need to bring?

    You will need to bring your own bedding (duvet, pillows, covers, pillowcases and sheets) and cooking utensils (pots/pans, crockery and cutlery) for the kitchen.

    Prohibited items include deep fat fryers, barbeques, chip pans, candles, incense burners, fairy lights, electric blankets, electric heater, grills, knives and weapons.

    Students can bring electrical equipment however please ensure equipment is PAT tested in advance.

    International students

    International students who wish to purchase bedding and kitchen packs can do so using the links below, have them delivered the week before you are due to arrive and we will have them in your room ready for you when you get here:

  • Can I bring a car?

    Yes, however please note there are a limited numbers of car parking spaces available adjacent to the student accommodation and Duncreggan Student Village (Magee Campus) is permit only.

    The University charges for car parking on-campus. Student car parking costs £60 for a 9 month permit.

    Staff and students with a disability will be eligible for a permit subject to presentation of a valid Blue Badge and a nominal £1 annual fee. For further information check out car park management.

  • Can I bring my TV and do I need a licence?

    Yes, however some bedrooms do not have individual aerial sockets but do so within the kitchen, living and dining area.

    In most developments a subscription to internet TV, IPTV is available.

    Whether you watch TV on a traditional television or online you must ensure you have your own individual TV licence, even if you put your TV into the kitchen for communal use.