Find out more information about how to apply to Ulster University.
- If you have been accepted onto a course, or have received a conditional firm offer (CF)*, you will be able to apply for accommodation from May through the online accommodation portal.
- Simply register using your student "B" number which will be emailed to all eligible students in the first week of May. International or returning students can use an existing registration or "B" number if they have one.
- Once registered, pick three accommodation options (in order of preference) then submit your application.
- A £100 booking fee is then required. This is refunded if you don't accept the University's accommodation offer.
* If you have an eligible offer and apply by the 7 July 2017, you are guaranteed a room in university accommodation once you are accepted onto the course.
International students can choose from a range of accommodation types to suit every budget and preference. International students who apply for accommodation by 1 August 2017 are guaranteed a room in accommodation.
Single semester only- international students who require accommodation for the first semester only will be liable to pay a 10% surcharge on the cost of accommodation. This is to cover the risk of the room being void in the second semester and adminstration fees.
A. Funded international students
Students who are attending Ulster University through a course which is fully funded i.e your accommodation fees are being paid by Ulster University International Department or direct to Residential Services should apply using the APPLY NOW tab and choose the 'Overseas Funded student' option. This means you will not be required to make a payment when accepting your room offer.
Any student who is receiving funding directly from thier home institution to pay their accommodation fees should not choose this option.
NEED HELP? If you have any queries regarding your course, funding or arrival to Ulster University please contact the International Office and the team will be happy to help.
B. Pre-sessional AND Pre-sessional Plus Students
These are students who arrive to Ulster University during the summer months to complete an English language course.
The Pre-sessional Plus course provides further intensive English language teaching.
Students are required to pay their own booking fee and residential fees; For detailed guidance on how to apply for accommodation see below:
Pre-sessional plus students contract operates from 15 June to 11 September 2017 at the Jordanstown campus.
Pre-sessional students contract operates from 17 July to 11 September 2017 at the Jordanstown campus.
To book accommodation for Pre-sessional or Pre-sessional Plus period:
- All students should first register their personal details and follow the Summer Student Route to Pre-sessional where an application should be completed.
- You will be notified of an offer by e-mail at which time you should log back in and go to Dashboard to either Accept or Reject the offer of accommodation. When you accept you will be required to pay for the pre-sessional period in full.
To book accommodation for the 2017/18 Academic year: 16 September 2017 – 2 June 2018
- Students remaining in university accommodation for the 2017/18 academic year must complete an application for the 2017/18 session. Students who have passed their Pre-sessional English course can remain in University accommodation for the academic year. If you have been contracted in advance for the 2017/18 academic year and have not passed the course, you will be released from your contract and any monies paid refunded.
- Please note that accommodation will be available from the end of the pre-sessional contract on the 11 September provided you have completed an application in advance for the new academic year.
- To submit your application for accommodation for the 2017/18 academic year you will be asked to pay £100 Booking Fee which becomes non-refundable once you accept an offer of accommodation.
- A charge for accommodation for the period from 11 September 2017 to the beginning of the new academic year on the 16 September 2017 will be included in the offer. When accepting your room offer you will be given a choice of payment options, a minimum upfront payment of £300 will be required in order to accept your accommodation offer.
IMPORTANT - Students who are residing in accommodation in the private sector for the 2017/18 academic year will be required to vacate their rooms by the 11 September 2017.
Students can apply for accommodation for Pre-sessional, Pre-sessional plus using the APPLY NOW tab.