Ulster University Accommodation, find out more information about how to apply.
Find out more information about how to apply to Ulster University accommodation at Coleraine, Jordanstown, Belfast and Magee campuses.
2020/21 No Obligation booking & Accommodation Guarantee
To reassure students during this uncertain time UlsterUni is offering “No Obligation Booking”. As a CF/UF student you can apply for accommodation before the 7th July and be guaranteed a room offer in your accommodation of choice.
To apply you will pay £100 booking fee which is fully refundable until you have accepted an accommodation room offer. There is no obligation to university accommodation until you have accepted an accommodation offer which wont be until July/August when you will be able to make much better informed decisions.
Our ResLife teams are making plans to make sure students enjoy their university experience & continue to make lifelong memories!
- If you have been accepted onto a course (UF)*, or have received a conditional firm offer (CF)*, you will receive an email with your "B" number along with details of how to apply via the online accommodation portal.
- Simply register using your student "B" number which will be emailed to all eligible students from the first week of May. International or returning students can use an existing registration or "B" number if they have one.
- Once registered, pick up to 3 accommodation options (in order of preference) then submit your application.
- A £100 booking fee is then required. This is refunded if you don't accept the University's accommodation offer.
* If you have an eligible offer and apply by the 7 July, you are guaranteed a room in university accommodation once you are accepted onto the course.
Our International students who apply for accommodation by 15 August are guaranteed a room in accommodation. Choose from a range of accommodation types to suit every budget and preference.
Single semester only- international students who require accommodation for the first semester only will be liable to pay a 10% surcharge on the cost of accommodation. This is to cover the risk of the room being void in the second semester and administration fees.
Introducing 'Pay to Study'
Residential Services are delighted to offer International students the opportunity to make payments for accommodation via 'Pay to Study' and enjoy the following benefits:
- You can pay in your local currency to local bank accounts therefore no international wire fees.
- Better exchange rates which are fully transparent so you can compare rates before confirming payment online.
- Faster! 'Pay To Study' will provide quote – and give you 48 hours to pay or investigate quotes from other banks.
- You receive payment receipt from 'Pay to Study' that payment has been made.
- Eliminates the cost and administration associated with international payments.
- Savings on Bank Transfer vs. Credit Card.
- 24 hour customer Service from 'Pay to Study'.
Information for 'Funded' and 'Non-funded' international students
Students who are attending Ulster University through a course which is fully funded i.e. your accommodation fees are being paid by Ulster University International Department or direct to Residential Services should apply using the APPLY NOW tab and choose the 'Overseas Funded student' option. This means you will not be required to make a payment when accepting your room offer.
Any student who is receiving funding directly from their home institution to pay their accommodation fees should not choose this option.
NEED HELP? If you have any queries regarding your course, funding or arrival to Ulster University please contact the International Office and the team will be happy to help.
Information for 'Pre-sessional' AND 'Pre-sessional Plus' Students **SUBJECT TO COVID-19 CONTINGENCY PLANNING**
These are students who arrive to Ulster University during the summer months to complete an English language course.
The Pre-sessional Plus course provides further intensive English language teaching.
Students are required to pay their own booking fee and residential fees; For detailed guidance on how to apply for accommodation see below:
Pre-sessional plus students contract operates from June to September 2020 at the Jordanstown campus.
Pre-sessional students contract operates from July to September 2020 at the Jordanstown campus.
To book accommodation for Pre-sessional or Pre-sessional Plus period:
- All students should first register their personal details and follow the Summer Student Route to Pre-sessional where an application should be completed.
- You will be notified of an offer by e-mail at which time you should log back in and go to Dashboard to either Accept or Reject the offer of accommodation. When you accept you will be required to pay for the pre-sessional period in full.
To book accommodation for the 2020/21 Academic year:
- Students remaining in university accommodation for the academic year must complete an application for the 2020/21 session. Students who have passed their Pre-sessional English course can remain in University accommodation for the academic year. If you have been contracted in advance for the 2020/21 academic year and have not passed the course, you will be released from your contract and any monies paid refunded.
- Please note that accommodation will be available from the end of the pre-sessional contract on the 7 September provided you have completed an application in advance for the new academic year.
- To submit your application for accommodation for the 2020/21 academic year you will be asked to pay £100 Booking Fee which becomes non-refundable once you accept an offer of accommodation.
- A charge for accommodation for the period from 5 September 2020 to the beginning of the new academic year on the 12 September 2020 will be included in the offer. When accepting your room offer you will be given a choice of payment options, a minimum upfront payment of £300 will be required in order to accept your accommodation offer.
IMPORTANT - Students who are residing in accommodation in the private sector for the 2020/21 academic year will be required to vacate their rooms by the 5 September 2020.
Students can apply for accommodation for Pre-sessional, Pre-sessional plus using the APPLY NOW tab.