- The Sponsor system enables authenticated University employees to sponsor temporary network accounts for use by visitors to the University. Visitor accounts are strictly limited to wired and wireless access on the student network, SITL desktop access and the Internet. No other local online services are available apart from public facing web content. Sponsors will pre-register visitors on their behalf.
Visitors who require wireless access only
and are registered in an eduroam-enabled institution and have their devices configured correctly before their visit to the University do not require a visitor account. Details about eduroam service are here: http://ulster.ac.uk/isd/services/networking/eduroam
- The system is designed to be a self service facility, once initiated by the Sponsor. Accounts are available for short term use by single or small groups of visitors. For large conference use of the system, notification must be made in advance to the Service Desk by the conference organizer with at least one week's notice.
- Passwords may be changed during logged in sessions at the SITL desktop, or via a kiosk situated at the campus Library.
- This is based upon the Policy Implementation Framework
- Sponsor initiates contact with the Visitor and obtains the necessary information from the visitor in order to pre-register on the Visitor's behalf.
- Once requested online, Sponsor will be given details to print and distribute to the visitor on arrival at the University. The responsibility is on the Sponsor to ensure the visitor receives information on how to log on to the services.
- The Sponsor must make any potential visitors aware that by using the University systems they are automatically agreeing to abide by the University Acceptable Use Code of Practice.
- Graphical Workflow of Sponsor Registration on behalf of Visitor Process
Information for Visitors and Sponsors
How to obtain help
The Service Desk will provide support to those unable to avail of it through the Service Catalogue Entry and self-help resources.
Contact the ISD Service Desk
Who can avail of the service?
All University employees and visitors they sponsor.